ASHRAE (The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers) is a society of professionals in the aforementioned industry and this particular scholarship has been established to encourage undergraduates to pursue studies in engineering, science or mathematics that would be fundamental for a career in the heating, ventilating, refrigeration and air conditioning profession.
The primary scholarship this year is in the amount of at least $1,250 and may be increased at the discretion of Pikes Peak ASHRAE. Pikes Peak ASHRAE may also, at its discretion, award one or more secondary scholarships in addition to the primary scholarship for a lower amount(s).
This scholarship is available to students entering or enrolled in undergraduate programs in engineering or engineering technology in which the student is pursuing a course of study that traditionally has been a preparatory curriculum for a career in HVAC&R. It is possible that the successful applicant could receive this scholarship for more than a single year. The student must also be either from or attending school within the Pikes Peak ASHRAE Chapter region (Southern Colorado).
The Scholarship will be awarded to the recipient at the ASHRAE monthly meeting occurring in mid-May.
Student Membership to ASHRAE is encouraged and applicant’s with student membership will be given preference. If you are interested in becoming a Student Member of ASHRAE, please visit join.ashrae.org and select “PIKES PEAK” as your assigned chapter. The annual dues for a Student Membership are $25, however a “student membership dues scholarship” may be available for those who can’t afford the annual dues, please contact us if you would like to pursue this “student membership dues scholarship”.
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient will be eligible to attend college classes in the Summer of 2021.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA, where 4.0 is the highest, in math and science courses taken.
- Entering/Accepted/Enrolled full-time to an ABET-accredited engineering, science or technical program yielding a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree. Or Entering/Accepted/Enrolled full-time to a technical program from a technical school or Community College in pursuit of an applied technical degree for HVAC or Energy Management.
- Scholarship is to be applied toward tuition, room and board or books at the college or institution of higher learning where recipient is committed to attend and will be paid directly to the student.
- Complete an application and submit the completed application to the Pikes Peak ASHRAE Scholarship committee prior to May 7, 2021.
- A transcript of grades from all coursework, including the most recently completed semester or quarter of study.
For questions regarding the scholarship or this application please contact the Pikes Peak ASHRAE Student Activities Chair, Keagen Cothern: email@example.com