ASHRAE is a society of HVAC professionals and this particular scholarship has been established to encourage undergraduates to pursue studies in engineering, science or mathematics that would be fundamental for a career in the heating, ventilating, refrigeration and air conditioning profession. This scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 is awarded annually and is available to students entering or enrolled in undergraduate programs in engineering or engineering technology in which the student is pursuing a course of study that traditionally has been a preparatory curriculum for a career in HVAC&R. It is possible that the successful applicant could receive this scholarship for more than a single year.
The Scholarship will be awarded to the recipient at the ASHRAE monthly meeting scheduled for March 20, 2014 at the Sunbird Restaurant.
Student Membership to ASHRAE is encouraged and applicant’s with student membership will be given preference. 2013-Student-Member-Application
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient will be eligible to attend college classes in the Spring of 2014.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA, where 4.0 is the highest, in math and science courses taken.
- Entering/Accepted/Enrolled full-time to an ABET-accredited engineering, science or technical program yielding a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree. Or Entering/Accpeted/Enrolled full-time to a technical program from a technical school or Community College in pursuit of an applied technical degree for HVAC or Energy Management.
- Scholarship is to be applied toward tuition, room and board or books at the college or institution of higher learning where recipient is committed to attend and will be paid directly to the student.
- Complete an application and submit the completed application to the Pikes Peak ASHRAE Scholarship committee prior to March 14, 2014.
- The recipient must have proven/demonstrated leadership ability and submit a written recommendation from 2 or more instructors.
- An additional letter of recommendation from an individual familiar with the applicant
- A transcript of grades from all coursework, including the most recently completed semester or quarter of study.