Check ASHRAE for job openings…
Employers buy ads at the Shop Online page.
AES Group, Inc.
TITLE: Mechanical Engineer
Engineer with some responsibility for technical performance, establishes basic design criteria and performs a variety of skilled professional engineering work. Requires application of standard engineering techniques and procedures, professional judgement to make modifications or execute complex features or solutions. Design focus includes HVAC systems, air handler selection, ductwork, hydronic pumps and piping, heat exchangers, and steam systems. Plumbing design includes domestic water supply and sewer, water heating, and pumps.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Assists in the development of probable construction cost estimates for assigned projects.
- Attends client meetings as required – days or nights.
- Prepares design computations and quantity estimates.
- Assists in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, permits and designs for projects.
- Directs draftspersons / technicians to reduce designs to working drawings.
- Performs construction site observations to monitor progress and other construction management duties per the contract documents.
- Review technical specifications and drawings to ensure compliance with the government requirements.
- Creates and adheres to project schedules.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Possess a working knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1-2016, Energy Standard; ASHRAE 55-2013, Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy; ASHRAE 62.12016, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality; International Plumbing Code-2015; International Mechanical Code-2015
- Perform drafting on which they serve as a design engineer, assist others with drafting, possibly across disciplines.
- Acts as project manager and/or discipline lead as required.
- Responsible for project manager and/or project team quality system tasks as defined in the quality manual.
- LEED project experience and/or LEED professional credentials
- REVIT experience
- Project Management experience
- Building Commissioning experience
- Hospital project experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited four-year college or university and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in commercial or industrial HVAC and Plumbing design, as well as energy modeling experience. Maintains competency in field of expertise.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Engineering Intern certificate preferred, ability to become licensed required.
Registration as a Professional Engineer is a plus.
Valid driver’s license.