Check ASHRAE for job openings…
Employers buy ads at the Shop Online page.
Schendt Engineering Corporation
2912 Beacon Street Colorado Springs, CO 80907
(719) 637-8850 www.secengr.com
POSTED: 14 February 2018
SEC is seeking to hire a senior Mechanical Engineer with the unique ability to both design and manage
projects, and to coordinate our sub-consultants’ design responsibilities. Duties include full project design
responsibilities to include HVAC and plumbing design, equipment selection, mechanical plan layout,
specification writing, cost estimating, coordination with other consultants, client interaction, and enhanced
construction administration services or commissioning. This position involves working on several projects
simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Some local and state travel will be required to perform field
investigations, coordinate design requirements, and to build client relations.
The qualifications required for this position are as follows:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis on
Mechanical Engineering, with PE license required.
• Minimum 10 years consulting engineer design experience in engineering of Central Plant with
associated utility systems and HVAC systems, from concept to completion.
• Self-motivated with the ability to develop approaches to projects independently and methodically, and
perform detailed execution of mechanical design.
• Ability to be creative (think outside the box of normal design).
• Communicates well verbally, in writing, and graphically, with other engineers, clients, and code
• Program and/or project management skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Strong personal ambition and work ethic.
• Strong working knowledge of the International Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, Fire, Energy
Conservation, and Fuel Gas codes.
• Strong working knowledge of the ASHRAE, ASME, NFPA, and other industry related standards.
• Strong personal ambition to be a team player and provide guidance and mentoring to less
• Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, Trane Trace, Pipe-Flo, CAE-Pipe, MS Office, and other design
• Active member of ASHRAE.
SEC is an aggressive small consulting firm with a reputation for providing quality design services. These
quality design services have allowed us to build relationships and maintain loyal repeat clients. Our clientele
includes federal, military, state, and city agencies, colleges and universities, industrial, and several Fortune
500 companies. We specialize in design of central heating/cooling plants, HVAC systems, plumbing systems,
utilities infrastructure, industrial ventilation systems, and control systems. The majority of our project
experience is as the prime consultant allowing us to select the best sub-consultants to support our clients’
needs. This aspect of our services allows us to take on complex, multi-million-dollar projects and complete
them effectively, on time, and on budget.
Visit our website www.secengr.com for further information.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including a fully-paid health care plan, fully vested retirement plan,
and annual bonus/employee stock purchase plans.
We invite you to join our team and expand your skills as a leader and engineer! Please send your resume to